If you’ve ever seen my counters you know I’m not a gadgets person. I don’t even like toasters because, well… the oven does a fine job at browning bread – so why waste your money?! BUT I love immersion blenders. If you want to save some dinero (and upgrade your meals), BUY one! Carr Eats uses this small appliance heavy handedly… she does a bang-up job on mayo, dressings, and mashed veggies! As your reward for reading this far… The secret behind our Dijon Vinaigrette. PS. If you’re buying store bought salad dressings… just stop that blasphemy immediately!!! They are bogged down with tons of crap and soooo easy to make at home.
Carr Eats Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1c:1c (equal ratio) of Balsamic vinegar and oil (extra virgin olive oil or canola oil) – this is flexible, so whatever you have on hand.
- 1t. of your favorite dijon mustard.
- 1 pinch sea-salt + black pepper.
- Add all ingredients together and use an immersion blender for a few seconds to get a creamy consistency.
- Boom! Just like that you’ve saved a boatload of pennies and you have a superior product. Pour said dressing onto greens or use as a marinate for meats and vegetables.
- PRO TIP: Marry your flavors. If you’re roasting chicken with basil, throw a few leaves in your dress’n. Grilled beef tips with lime? Splash some lime juice in with your vinaigrette. Your family will think you’re brilliant! Never skimp on flavor!!
I like the Breville All-In-One – Ours is wicked old and runs like a champ!!